Types of Plaster Finishes
Swimming Pool Replaster Choices
- White Plaster has been around as long as pools have been built. When the sky is clear and water chemistry is on target, white plaster will make your pool water look a refreshing blue color. However, white plaster is considered the weakest plaster finish on the market. It cannot stand up to out of balance water chemistry very long. To help offset the weakness of white plaster, G&B Tile and Plaster offers a Pozzolan*-Enhanced White Plaster. Our Pozzolan*-Enhanced White Plaster is a stronger finish than Standard White Plaster. G&B Tile and Plaster does not offer Standard White Plaster.
- Sapphire Ultra-Poz is a unique polymer and pozzolan modified plaster finish. The quartz in this plaster finish will give the plaster a hint of color (blue) and will also make the plaster stronger as the quartz will not break down due to water chemistry imbalances. This finish performs much better than White Plaster or 50% Blue Quartz. G&B is the only plaster applicator in the state of Texas with rights to offer this product due to our commitment with our 10 year bond guarantee.
- Marquis Magic is a unique blend of 100% quartz and is combined with cement modifiers with a touch of Mica for a finish that is both stunning and durable. Pozzolans* are added to our 100% quartz finishes as well. Adding a pigmented color to your 100% quartz plaster finish will allow the pool to have color no matter if it is a sunny or cloudy day. G&B offers several colors of pigment for you to choose from.
- Pebble Finishes perform as well as 100% Quartz Finishes. Pebble Finishes have multi-colored pebble and pigment combinations that are designed to make your pool look like a natural lagoon. Pozzolans* are added to our pebble finishes as well. Keep in mind that this finish will have a textured feel to the touch.
- Polished Finishes are comprised of marble, quartz, and glass accents that perform as well as 100% Quartz and Pebble Finishes. Pozzolans* are added to our polished finishes to further strengthen the finish. Polished finishes also allow you to have your choice of color added to the finish. Polished finishes are the smoothest on the market with a look that is similar to a pebble finish. Polished finishes can be re-polished in the future essentially giving you a new smooth pool finish years from now without the expense of a complete replaster.
No matter what type of plaster finish is chosen for your pool… you must always remember proper water chemistry in any pool is a must if you want the finish to look new and perform as designed for years to come.
Please take a look at some of the pool tile photos in completed projects to get a better idea which product will work best in your project.
*Pozzolans are geological deposits added to cement help to densify the plaster by locking up the calcium hydroxide. This makes a stronger product since calcium hydroxide is the weak link in cement. It leaches out of standard finishes and is commonly called plaster dust.